For: 6 galette
- for the crust
- 150 g flour
- 100 g ice-cold diced butter
- 1 egg yellow
- half a pinch of salt
- 3 T cold water
- for the apricot filling
- 1/2 kg apricots pitted, halved or sliced
- 2 T xilitol or sugar
- 1-2 t cornstarch to thicken the apricot filling
- 2 t natural vanilla
- 1/4 cinnamon cloves, cardamom or levender could be added for further flavoring
- We make the crust from the cold butter, flour and salt. We do not have to make a super smooth one, when it has a crumble texture, it enough. We add the egg yellow, cold water and knead it through. We should act fast, so that the butter is not melting from our hands. If we have a blender, we can make the crust in there too. We should put it in a plastic wrap in the fridge for an hour to rest.
- In the meanwhile we pit the apricots and cut them up the preferred way, add the sugar, the cornstarch and the spices. We can put it aside.
- We roll a thin crust and cut it into the sizes we would like to have for the galettes. We put in the middle some apricot filling, and we turn the crust up towards the filling.
- It can go to the oven for 190 C for 35-40 min. Enjoy!