For: 4 people
- 6 slices of spare ribs can be with the bones
- 4 slices of pork can be with the bones
- 8 pc shallot
- 8 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper and smoked paprika powder
- approx. half a kg mangalica lard the lard should cover the meat – this is the way to confit
- for the pumpkin cream
- half a pumpkin
- 1 cm ginger peeled
- 3 apples unpeeled, cut into two
- a little bit of brown sugar
- salt, pepper, chili
- olive oil
- We clean the meat, and then we season it with salt and pepper. We put them in the pot next to each other. We preheat the oven for 140-150 degrees. This is how we are going to bake the meat. We put in between the meat the cleaned shallots (whole pieces) and some slices of potatoes. We press out the garlic for the meat slices then we season it with the smoked paprika. We put the mangalica fat on the meat slices. We can put in in the oven for about 3 hrs long. It will be just ready when you can see that the meat starts to get nice grilled.
- In the meanwhile, we can prepare the pumpkin pie. We season the pumpkin and bake it unpeeled on a baking paper in about 1,5 hrs on 150 degrees on a separate pot but in the oven while the meat is getting baked. When the pumpkin is done, we season it with ginger, salt, pepper, chili and some milk or coconut milk so that we get a nice creamy texture. At the end we can add a bit of butter too and of course a little sugar if we like.