For: 4 people
- half of a big bunch of asparagus (this time I was only using the down bottom parts of the vegetables – I have used the heads as a side dish for a main course)
- 1 small onion
- half a T ghee or 3 T cooking oil
- 4-5 smaller new potatoes
- salt, pepper, chili nutmeg
- a little bit of fresh cream
- 1 small cube of butter cold
- home-made croutons
- small cut bread cubes
- green herbs: fresh parsley and chives
- 1/2 T ghee or 1-2 T butter
- We blansir the asparagus, i.e. we drop them in hot boiling water and after 2 min we put them out and immediately we put them in ice-cold water so that they will keep their color during the cooking.
- After this procedure, we cut up the onion small and fry it then we add the asparagus and the small cut potatoes (this will also help us to get a nice silk-cream soup). We season the vegetables and then we pour on 1 liter or 1,5 liter water.
- We cook it in 20-25 min then with a help of a hand mixer we (if we also cooked in the soup the harder part of the asparagus and we do not want to eat it, we should cream it through), we add the fresh cream and boil it together. When we have taken it off the cooker, we can add the butter to get it silky.
- During the soup is cooking, we prepare the home made croutons, for which we cut up the bread with a strong knife. After we have cut up the cubes from the sliced toast breads, we put them in the hot pan, we add butter or ghee and we toast them well. I only add the green herbs at the end to it when I have already taken it off the cooker.
- If we have the asparagus heads as well, we should stir them on butter for 2-3 min after blansiring them. We should also serve this as a topping for the soup.