For: 6 people
- 1,5 kg beef (leg – I made it from Hungarian grey cattle) – cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions cut into small cubes
- salt, pepper and smoked paprika powder
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 pcs middle size potatoes
- 3 pcs of carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 3 parsley roots
- 1 pc kohlrabi
- fresh parsley and celery leaves
- for the dumplings
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 T flour
- First we should cook a thick saucy stew. We stir the onions on some cooking oil, we add the meat, we stir with that too. We can after add the garlic, the pepper, salt and red paprika. We pour it up with water so that the meat is covered and we cook ready the stew in about 2,5-3 hrs.
- After the meat is cooked, we can add the small cut veggies and pour it with as much water as thick we would like our goulash to be. We cook it ready. If needed, we can add some extra seasoning. We can serve it with fresh parsley, sour cream and some fresh white bread.