For: 4 people
- 250 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 t salt
- water (as much as the flour and eggs take) – approx. 200 ml
- for the scrambled eggs
- 6 eggs
- 4 pinches of salt
- 1 T butter or oil
- Fresh lettuce with French dressing
- 1 big head of lettuce divided into 4 parts
- 2 T sugar or xylitol
- 2 T vinegar 20%, or 1 lemon's juice
- 1 t mustard
- 8 T hot water
- for the platting
- freshly chopped chives and parsley
- red paprika powder
- We mix the flour and the eggs, add the salt and step by step the water as well so that we do not get a too thick or too thin dough. In the meanwhile we boil water with salt. We put the dough in the boiling water with the special dumpling-making tool and wait for the dumplings to come on the top of the water. We cook them for about 1-2 min. I have a tool that makes nice small ones.
- We take them out of the water into a bit of ghee or oil in order to avoid them stick to each other. Then we put in the water another portion of dumplings, never too much at a time. We make the scrambled eggs to a state we like and then mix it together with the dumplings.
- We mix in a jar the ingredients of the salad dressing, close the jar, shake it and then pour it on the lettuce just before serving.