For: 4 people
- for the gnocchi balls
- 1 kg potatoes
- 30 g fat I used mangalica - organic raised pork fat
- 200-250 g flour
- 2 pinch of salt
- for the filling
- 1/2 kg plum pitted and halved or quartered depending on the size
- 1 T sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- We start cooking the potatoes in a cold salty water (they will be ready in about 35 min), then we let them cool out.
- When we are able to work with it so it is cool enough, we peel them and mix it with the fat. We knead the potatoes with about 200 g flour. When it becomes stretchable, then we stretch it out with a rolling pin to a square type of shape and 10 mm thick.
- Then we cut it up to small squares so that the plum fits in the middle and we can close it and form a ball out of them. In the meanwhile we put water to boil, when it is boiling we salt it, and we can cook the balls pieces by pieces. I put approx. 5 balls at a time in the water. It is not advised to put too much at once in the water. We cook them 5-7 min depending on their sizes.
- When they are ready cooked, we put them immediately in the cinnamon seasoned toasted home-made bread crumbs.
home-made bread crumbs
- We tear apart 3 slices of bread into small pieces and on a baking sheet we bake them on 190 degrees for 10 min or until golden brown, then we put in the blender and make crumbs out of it. Then we toast it in a dry pot. Then we mix it with 2 t cinnamon before we turn the gnocchi ball in it.