For: 4 people
- 1 kg roast duck liver
- 200 g duck fat or goose fat, but if we do not have either, then ghee is also perfect
- salt, pepper when te liver is done only
- for the ginger apple compote:
- 1/2 kg apple
- 2 cm ginger pressed over the garlic presser
- a stick vanilla or 1 t vanilla powder
- 5 pc cloves
- little cinnamon
- 200 g xilitol
- little water
- for the green couscous
- 1 zucchini with the skin cut into small cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T olive oil or 1/2 T ghee
- 2 snack cucumber with the skin cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions cut into cubes
- 1 big coup couscous
- 2 bigcups of hot water
- chilli powder, salt, pepper
- green herbs mint, parsley, etc.
- 1 lime juice
- few T olive oil
- We cook the apple compote with the given ingredients for about 5 min from the boiling. When it is ready, we can put it aside.
- We chop up the vegetables for the green couscous. We put the couscous in double amount of hot water as the amount of couscous and we cover it. If it has sucked up the water, it is ready. We turn it around with a fork to make it fluffy a bit. We fry the zucchini with the garlic. The rest of the ingredients we are going to use raw in the couscous together with the green herbs. We pour the lime juice over as well as the olive oil. We put salt& pepper as needed. I also put some chili on it.
- We clean the film skin of the liver and wash it well through, and then we dry them with a paper towel. We fry both sides on duck liver in duck fat (or goose fat) that they get golden brown. Do not over fry them.
The roast duck liver with the ginger apple compote and the green couscous is a healthy filling dish. The liver contains a lot of iron and the vegetables contain a lot of chlorophyll.