For: 4 people
- 100 g lard cut to small cubes
- 50 g sausage cut to small pieces
- 1 bigger onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot cut to small pieces
- 1 kg sour cabbage
- 300 ml stock(meat) + water, if needed
- salt, pepper, cumin
- half of a kale
- 300 ml fat cream
- 1 piece of sausage cut to slices (topping)
- I melt out the lard and the sausage then I add the onions and the garlic. Then the spices and chili if we like it. Then we wash through once the cabbage, add salt and pepper and cook it a while then we add the stock and water if needed. We cook it for about 35 min.
- Then we add the cream, after it’s boiling again we add he kale and cook it for max 5 more min. In the meanwhile I make the sausage chips topping in a pot or in the oven for 4-5 min (190 degrees). We can pour some of the sausage fat on top if we like when serving. It is a real good seasonal comfort food.