For: 2400 ml
- We put the clean strawberries in a pot, add the xylitol and the pectin too. The latter we should mix with a bit of xylitol before adding it to the fruits. We boil it up all and then put it in sterile jars (I cook them before using them). For a few min. we turn the jars upside down and then turn them back, and let them cool out under a cover slowly in 1-2 days.
- Strawberry jam with basil: When the jam is boiled up and ready, we add 12 pcs of basil and boil it together in a min or so. We put them in jars and do as above.
- Strawberry jam with ginger: Before cooking the strawberries we add 100 g peeled ginger to the strawberries and add the pectin and the sweetener too. We can also add (I did) half a lemon’s juice.
- Strawberry jam with vanilla and lemon: During the cooking add a whole lemon’s juice and 2 t vanilla powder and cook the jam.
- Strawberry jam with rhubarb: We can add 3-3 sticks of rhubarb to the strawberries when they are already cooked and cook it on for another 2 min with the rhubarb.
- Strawberry jam with cherries 1 kg strawberries and 1 kg cherries we cook together as above. I like to make this that the fruits stay whole pieces so we can make a difference clearly during eating it.